A tremendous gift
Guests that stay three days and more in a Hotel, B & B or Holiday flat are entitled to receive a Appenzell Holiday Card. It is a gift voucher to get many tourist attractions free of charge ! The cash value of this voucher is about CHF 250.-
What you need to know.
- The card must be presented at the sponsor counter or to the attendant before use.
- In the Appenzeller Railway and in the Postauto buses you have to present your card together with your official ID-card (drivers license, passport etc.)
- The Card is valid from your day of arrival up to your day of departure.
- Previously used travel tickets will not be reimbursed
- The card is valid only for use by the holder in conjunction with some form of official photo ID
- The maximum period of validity is 14 Days, plus a further 14 day with the extension card
- The card is included in the cost of your accommodation
- Please bear in mind that we cannot guarantee that all of the facilities listed will be open during your stay.
Sport activities in Appenzell
Depending on season there are a wide range of sport, hobby and spare time activities available in Appenzell.
In winter the focus is on down-hill skiing, evening down-hill skiing, cross country skiing, evening cross country skiing, tobogganing, snowshoeing, winter walking, winter hiking, ice skating, mountain climbing and paragliding,
On arrival please ask for the „winter panorama card“. There is also a daily winter sport report on http://www.appenzell.ch/wispo
In spring, summer and autumn the focus is on hiking, walking and mountaineering.
Appenzell is a hikers-paradise. In summer many people escape from the hectic and hustle and buzzle in the hot cities to recuperate in the fresh and cool mountain air. The Alpstein and especially the Kreuzberge, called the Swiss Dolomites, are big challenges for experienced mountaineers.
More relaxing is a drive by cable cars to the mountain summits. In stabile weather condition you will enjoy great views and culinarian experiences.
You may also relax in the open-air swimming pool.
As hobby fisher you may procure a fishing license to catch brown, rainbow or namaycush trout in the mountain lakes or you may swing your fly fishing lines in especially allocated fly fishing rivers.
There are many challenging tracks for skilled mountain bikers.
Arts lover have a broad choice of museums for modern art and shops selling the typical Appenzell primitive art.
Music lovers find in many restaurants typical Appenzell country musicians playing in their traditional costumes dulcimer, standup bass, Swiss organ, piano, singing or yodeling.
In autumn the hunting season opens. Enquire what is required to obtain a hunting license.
Appenzell grows a wide range of delicious wild mushrooms backed by a skilled force of mushroom controllers.
Flugschule Alpstein : http://www.flugschule-alpstein.ch
Flugschule Appenzell: http://www.flugschuleappenzell.ch
Flugschule Ostschweiz: http://www.flugschule-ostschweiz.ch
Flugschule Säntis : http://www.fs-saentis.ch
Golfplatz Gonten: http://www.golfplatz.ch